Saturday 11 July 2009

It can happen to the best of us…..

This is a true story I am going to tell you about 2 people who are very dear to my heart, 2 people I think are just the greatest and 2 people whose combined brain power I am totally in awe of, it is mind blowing, gob smacking kind of brain power.

But here’s the story: In between our lives revolving around Tour de France at the moment the other highlight of this weekend is Michael’s visit to Johannesburg; he is up here from Cape Town and the purpose of his visit is not just about seeing us, he also wanted to take part in a marathon this morning (Saturday) and he didn’t have to do too much to convince Lisa that she should do it with him.

They set off for Sasolburg before the crack of dawn to be there for the 6:30 start. I got a phone call from Lisa around about 6:50 asking me to please log onto a running website so that I could give her the address….. they couldn’t find the race. So I logged on and phoned Lisa back once I found the info and calmly asked her where she was….Needless to say, Lisa wasn't really in the mood for idle chit chat and said, just give us the address…. So I said, well the race is in Mpumalanga – in Secunda…. At the Sasol Recreation centre, in Secuda, Mpumalanga and I started to laugh….. Total and utter disbelief pulsed through the phone…. I passed over the phone number of the guy organizing the race and giggled a cheery goodbye.

About 10 minutes later Lisa phoned back and we started to laugh – we could hardly get the words out, she trying to tell me latest plans through peals of laughter from me, her laughter and Michael howling in the back ground…. We laughed wonderfully….. Eventually we managed to hold back the laughter so that she could tell me where they were (in Sasolburg) and what they were going to do, again guffaws and through this I heard with Michael gasping in the back ground that he wouldn’t take me to lunch if I didn’t stop laughing, which brought on more laughter, what fun, what a way to start the day…..

So now I am waiting for them to finish their run around the suburbs….

No comments:

Post a Comment