Wednesday 8 July 2009

Do you really need to answer some things?

I have been having on-going email discussions around the questions in the Happiness Quiz. These discussions are very insightful and I am learning more and more to add to my Happiness thoughts and expanding my understanding of Happiness. So thank you to everyone who is sending me their ideas and thoughts.

In one of the discussions I said that being happy, even trying to be happy, is hard work and you have to work at it each and every day. This led to a comment on the “entitlement” factor. This is when people expect to be happy just because they happen to take up some space on this great planet of ours.

“They” are the ones who say things and ask those impossible questions that make you want to run away like a crazy thing when they raise their issues:

If only he/she did xyz or, if it wasn’t for him/her I would be famous/rich/successful.
Why does this always happen to me?
Why aren’t I clever/rich/famous/beautiful?
Why do others always have all the luck/chances?
And so on……


Do you need to spend time answering these questions – or even think about the questions for that matter? Absolutely not….. Do you really think you can answer these questions? Absolutely not ….. Do you really think the answers will change anything? Absolutely not. It is a waste of your time and theirs… and you should tell them that. That person needs to work at their happiness, work at their life and start creating instead of blaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment