Saturday 30 May 2009

Garth Doyle : Art

My friend Garth Doyle has recently launched his blog site, http://www.garthdoyle.blogspot.com/ Garth is a sculptor and he not only makes beautiful pieces but also jewellery – which I really lust after. His work is sensuous, voluptuous, even though some of the pieces are quite small, and you just want to hold and caress them – well I certainly do!

This is an excerpt from his blog to whet your appetite: “these single edition, hand tooled sushi sized visual poems explore …… contemporary product design, jewellery, sculpture, Japanese toys and miniatures. Painstakingly crafted in a 'dentist like' workshop, these little bite sized gems absolutely beg to be collected by patrons of contemporary culture and design. Tokyo is their next destination...”


Garth’s jewellery is unusual and beautifully sculpted. He uses non-precious materials such as stainless steel and aluminium. His jewellery sits so well and looks like it was made just for you.

So, visit his site and check out his work for yourself.
PS: Garth will be helping me with some design and material issues I have with some pieces that I want to do…….. Lucky me.

No comments:

Post a Comment