Friday 3 April 2009

Gullibility and the 1st April

April Fool’s day always has my gullibility genes twitching and quivering in the vain hope that they will spot the tricks and jokes that abound in the papers and news broadcasts. I admit that I am helluva gullible and a number of friends have had a good laugh on occasion at my expense *grin*…. So this day is one that I work overtime to spot the joke.

But gullible or not, some of the April Fool’s jokes going around this year about politicians (ie. Firing Hogan and bringing back the Great Manto) sounded quite plausible to me….. our political environment is such that anything could happen.

And a little snippet in the Sunday paper had me running for my PC to fire up Google. It said that Pieter-Dirk Uys has written a play called MacBeki and it starts in Johannesburg on 1st April…. Hahahahaha – this is not a joke – it really is showing at the Market Theatre. He chose his date well.

No comments:

Post a Comment