Monday 20 April 2009

Something else you’ve gotta watch

With all the long weekends coming up you will have plenty of time to go to your Video/DVD shop and take out “As it is in Heaven”. It is 124 minutes long and you don’t want it to ever end!

Claude, my ex-husband, told me about this film when I mentioned that I might be taking singing lessons this year. He said he loved the film so much he actually bought a copy and has watched it a number of times. Claude is a musician and sings beautifully so this film has a permanent place in his heart. But it isn’t just for music lovers, it is the most beautiful story and has the most delightful characters.

The film was made in Sweden and naturally enough is in Swedish with English subtitles – Don’t be put off. I was ¾ of the way through and was amazed at how much Swedish I understood hahaha…. Not really – I just wasn’t aware of reading sub-titles… I was so caught up in the story, the people, the wonderful acting; I felt as if I could understand every word…..

No comments:

Post a Comment