Thursday 20 December 2012

End of Year



Apart from wishes for peace and goodwill to all man kind there are a few other wishes I wish for.

Politics in SA:
I have just read Killing Kennedy by Bill O’Reilly. It is an excellent read and nice to have a bit of an update of the history of that era. A comment the writer made really stuck with me and is pertinent apropos Mangaung :
‘He (Kennedy) behaves like the president of the United Sates; a man who long ago stopped defining himself by party affiliation.’ 20 months into his presidency, at the time of the Cuban Missile Crisis.

I wish for a president to behave like a president of South Africa.

My Political Language:
These days I refer to politicians as ‘those M*@#$  F**&%s'. Judging the looks I get, I should possibly tone it down a bit and refer to them as 'those silly sausages'....but what the hell.

I wish people would appreciate a bit of good old fashioned swearing on occasion.

The Mayan Doomsday Calender:
Why do people believe this rubbish – the end of the world is about to happen tomorrow?  This is something for movies and SciFi thrillers only.

I wish people would focus on something a bit more constructive and creative.

365 Days Is Not Enough:
I am convinced there is a bunch of mad scientists at CERN cranking up that particle accelerator, thus making time go faster. (this is almost as bad as the Mayan stuff *grin*) Do you also feel that 365 days this year is not enough?

I wish time would slow down just a tad (or throw the mad scientists into the accelerator)

French Camino Walk:
Despite my thoughts a few weeks ago that I would walk only half the French Camino (because of time away) I have now thought what the hell, I will just do the whole thing.

I wish for the time (6 weeks) to do the whole French Camino.

All My New Year Resolutions:
Some on the list are bit difficult but there is nothing there that unachievable.

I wish (and hope) that I achieve them all in 2013.

Last But Not Least:
My very best wishes to you for a wonderful Christmas season and lots of happiness, wealth and good health for 2013.




No comments:

Post a Comment