Friday 4 March 2011

What adventure burns in your heart?

From Lisa's blog: http://adventurelisa.blogspot.com/

What adventure burns in your heart?

Posted: 03 Mar 2011 12:30 AM PST

Over the weekend I watched the FEAT talks with my mom, Liz; she wasn't at FEAT Cape Town.

She says to me, "I need an adventure". So I asked her what she had in mind. "Something like what Allyson and Marc did," she replies.

Allyson Towle and Marc Booysen did a sea-to-summit expedition in Chile over December. I answered that what they did was cool, but that was their adventure - something they had burning in their hearts.

"Where," I asked, "have you always wanted to go?".

Without hesitation she replied, "A Buddhist retreat in Japan". She has been doing Tai Chi for about five years and she has long had a 'Japanese thing' - art, painting, culture...

What a great starting point for an adventure! Find a place you've always wanted to go to and then figure out a creative way to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment