Friday 29 October 2010

It's all in the name....

A couple of months ago I went to the SA Pole Dancing Championships. One of the judges was from the USA; she is a champ pole and silk dancer and she gave a demo that knocked everyone’s socks off. She would put most gymnasts to shame I’m sure, and after watching her I know why there is talk that pole dancing be an Olympic sport….it is not all bump and grind! Her name is Janine Butterfly – that’s right. I am not sure if she made it up but it really suited her (she was like a butterfly) and I was really taken with her name.

Then I saw on facebook that my friend Richard is now friends with someone called Strelitzia Drinkwater….now I am not sure if this is a made up name but it also caught my fancy.

So I have been wracking my brains to think up an alternate name that I would be happy with – It’s not so easy to come up with something you would be really comfortable with….but I found it! A friend of mine has suddenly taken to calling me Lollipop – yes, Lollipop; and I quite like it…Then I had to think of a “surname”….and gazing at the glorious full, butter yellow moon the other night I found it…..

Henceforth I wish to be known as Lollipop Moonshine…..

No comments:

Post a Comment