Monday 28 June 2010

I have been busy


Dare I say it, without getting derision heaped on my head….Yes, I have been busy. Not that I haven’t been busy before, but my life has changed somewhat during the last month.

I now have a full time job that I have to go to every day…..just like everyone else. I work an 8 hour day in Newtown at the Bassline Jazz Club. And this is taking a bit of getting used to. I haven’t done this for about 10 years. I have been a free agent. I have been able to work at midnight if I want to, 4 in the morning if I want to; and this freedom has allowed me to have lunches with friends, shopping during the unbusy part of the day and generally my time has been my own and I can just catch up at midnight or 4 in the morning. Now my day time belongs to someone else.

I work on the gaiters after hours, early in the morning (6 o’clock) and the weekends. The gaiter business is doing well and we are now international – well, we have done some overseas sales to Canada, Portugal, Holland and the UK. And the guy in Portugal wants to be out European distributor so Lisa is organising that.

So, yes I have been busy. I forgot to go to a birthday brunch and still feel really bad about that and I had to cancel my art morning with Bridget…ditto. Feel bad. But I am getting organised now and should settle soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment