Friday 8 January 2010

Word Epiphany

I have never had any formal instruction on how to use Word – I merrily pound away on the keyboard, use Word like it has primitive typewriter functionality and get really screaming, frothing mad annoyed when I have to copy a whole document into Notepad to remove my lousy formatting, copy it back into word and start again…. I also have never been able to figure out why Word just would not just do stuff that seems quite logical.

Well, lo and behold…. I recently installed Office 2007 and decided to ask my friend Judy (who just happens to be a certified Office – all versions – expert) to give me some handy hints on how to use Word 2007 properly. Actually I had to ask her because there was some stuff that I just couldn’t find and like most people, I find it very difficult to refer to the manual *grin*

Crikey…… what an epiphany. And guess what – all those things that you feel/know/believe should be there – are there…… and it so easy to use once you know how.

Judy sat next to me for about an hour and a half and took me through all the tabs and made me practice various things until I was au fait with the functions. And wow….some of the fancy shortcuts she showed me knocked my little socks off.

The moral to this story: It is amazing how much easier your life will be when you know how to use this software properly.

I am going to book her for Excel lessons next…

No comments:

Post a Comment