Wednesday 24 June 2009

How happy are you?

If you Google “Happiness Quiz” you will get 2,250,000 results. That is quite a lot of information to find out how happy you are *grin*. But before I continue, I would like to thank the people who have sent me links to quizzes, questionnaires and so on…. I really appreciate all this input – you can never have too much information on Happiness.

When I decided to do my own quiz, I didn’t quite know where to start. Happiness is a serious field of study so I went to the websites of Oxford, Cambridge, Harvard and Stanford Universities and had a look at their Happiness questionnaires (Yes, they really do study Happiness!). There were hundreds of questions so I consolidated them, divided them into categories and came up with the following list.

I would really love to have your answers – so please email me if you want to. NB: This is a Yes/No quiz and there are no correct answers. Also, if you answer Yes to 50% of the questions it doesn’t mean you are 50% happy!

The general idea of this quiz is to give our awareness a nudge.

HAPPINESS QUIZ

Relationships:
I am satisfied with my relationship with my significant other.
I am satisfied with my relationship with my family, friends, and children.
I have a few close friends who I can rely on for emotional support.
I feel that I have enough love in my life.
I feel that I am loved by my significant other and/or children.
I feel that I am loved by my family and friends.
I know and like my neighbours.
I am a member of a group (church, club etc).

Career and Activities:
I am satisfied with the career I am currently in.
I have hobbies or activities that I do for fun on a regular basis.
I express my "creative self" regularly.
I often learn new things, take courses, and increase my knowledge base.

Goals:
I have set personal goals for myself
I do not have goals that have been on my list for a few years.
I believe I have meaning and purpose in my life.

My Life:
If I could go back in time, I would not change too many things in my past.
My idea of the "perfect life" is close to my present circumstances.
I consider myself more fortunate than most people.
I believe that I am always committed and involved
I feel that I am in control of my life.
I feel that my life is really good.
I feel that I have time to take on anything that comes my way.
I am alert and aware of things going on around me.
I am pleased with the way I am.
I believe I look attractive.
I make decisions easily

Other people:
I am interested in other people
I have fun with other people
I usually feel very warm towards most people
I believe that I am a good influence on people around me
I regularly help other people (outside of your immediate circle).

Health and well being:
I wake up feeling good and rested
I have a lot of energy
I feel healthy
I find a lot of things amusing
I laugh a lot
I have happy memories of the past
I often feel joy and elation.
I find beauty in most things.

The world:
I think the world is a nice place
I feel optimistic about the future

General:
I have left a large tip for a small bill.
I have given something of mine away to a person who admired it.
I sometimes perform anonymous random acts of kindness.
I have given someone money rather than make it a loan.

No comments:

Post a Comment