Friday 12 March 2010

Happiness Flags


A couple of weeks ago I was at a sports event and took a look around and wondered why everyone(big generalisation I know) does the same old, same old thing. Large feather banners that all look alike – conservative blue or white – branded umbrellas – ditto – and a bit of bunting here and there usually in red, white or blue rather like the stuff second hand car shops drape over their specials.

And I just thought that “things” needed to look different and more cheerful – there should be something that stands out and looks festive and people talk about

So, I made Lisa some Happiness Flags.

Well, I didn’t actually call them Happiness Flags – Lisa did. This is what she said: I'm going to string up my flags later and I'll take a photo of them for your blog. I decided last night that because they are such fun and so joyous, they're 'Happiness Flags'.

She hasn’t sent the photo yet but I made some more for a friend for her shop. Bridget decided though that she would hang them up in her home – this is a photo of Bridget’s Happiness Flags:

Happiness Flags have multiple uses: birthdays, anniversaries; to cheer up the veranda, entrances, offices, shops, your office. Can you imagine tea parties with lovely pinks and blues, florals, stripes? Cocktail parties with acid greens and yellows…… the list is endless. I just see Happiness Flags everywhere!


No comments:

Post a Comment